WRT typically only adopts to people who live in the State of Texas
If you live outside The State of Texas, please visit our Weim Links page to locate a Weim Rescue group in your area, or contact us and we will forward the message for you.
WRT does make exceptions for out of state adoptions. If your local Weimaraner Rescue cannot meet your needs, please submit an application. Exceptions are processed on a case by case basis and not all are approved to adopt.
WRT Adoption Fees: $450 for puppies (under 1 year) who have not been spayed or neutered. Once proof of spay or neuter will receive $100 refund, $350.00 for puppies (under 1 year) that have already been spayed or neutered, $300.00 for adults (ages 1-6), $250.00 for adults (ages 7-8), Senior dogs $165 (ages 9+), Senior dog to Senior Adult $65 (65 and up)
Special needs $100.
The Adoption Fee covers only a portion of our expenses, so we gratefully accept donations in higher sums.Notice: Please complete and submit an Adoption Application even if you are just inquiring about a specific dog. Applications are handled with the highest priority. An email inquiry about a specific dog may take a longer to get a response.
1. View the current list of available dogs.
2. Take the Weim Quiz to find out if a Weimaraner is the right dog for you.
3. Fill out an Adoption Application. Indicate on your application if there is a particular dog that you may be interested in. Remember that a particular dog may be being considered by other applicants and may not still be available when your application is approved. Please fill out the application completely and give us as much information as possible about your family and lifestyle. The more information you give, the easier it is for us to suggest dogs that will be a good fit in your household.
4. A rescue volunteer will contact you within two days of receipt of your application. We perform a vet check and send you more information.
5. Once your application is approved, an adoption coordinator will help you find the right dog for your family.
6. Adoption Fee is required to be paid on the day of the adoption, either by cash, check or PayPal.
1. All dogs & cats in the new home are spayed/neutered.
2. All dogs & cats in the new home are on heartworm preventative.
3. All dogs & cats sleep inside the house at night.
4. Fencing affords maximum protection to family pets with all exterior gates locked.
5. Prospective family’s pet history demonstrates a lifetime commitment to family pets.
6. Written permission from the landlord for renters, giving permission to own a dog as large as a Weimaraner.
7. Satisfactory veterinary reference.