Steps to a Successful Adoption
WRT typically only adopts to people who live in the state of Texas. If you live outside the state of Texas, please visit our Weim Links page to locate a Weim Rescue group in your area, or contact us and we will forward the message for you. WRT does make exceptions for out of state adoptions if your local Weimaraner Rescue cannot meet your needs, and you are willing to drive to Texas to meet your new dog with your current dogs to take your new dog home. Exceptions are processed on a case by case basis and not all are approved to adopt.
WRT Adoption Fees:
$450 for puppies (under 1 year) who have not been spayed or neutered. Once proof of spay or neuter will receive $100 refund
$350.00 for puppies (under 1 year) that have already been spayed or neutered
$300.00 for adults (ages 1-6)
$250.00 for adults (ages 7-8)
$165.00 for seniors (ages 9+),
$65.00 for seniors to a senior adult (65 and older)
$100.00 for special needs
The Adoption Fee covers only a portion of our expenses, so we gratefully accept donations in higher sums. Notice: Our applications are powered via Petstablished so please click on the Available Dogs button above to begin submitting an application for the dog you are interested in by clicking the Adopt button on their bio. This will submit an application directly to our system for review. You will receive an email from Petstablished letting you know your application has been received and instructions on what to expect so please make sure to check your spam folder if you do not receive the email in your inbox.
1. View the current list of available dogs.
2. Click the Adopt button on the dog's profile you are interested in adopting.
3. A rescue volunteer will contact you within two days of receipt of your application. The first step in the adoption process is to perform a vet check and to verify your homeownership or rental status. If you rent, you will be asked to provide your lease agreement or something that proves it is approved for you to have a dog in your rental property.
4. Once your application is processed by the volunteer, an adoption coordinator will help you find the right dog for your family. Be sure to be checking your email for a request for an adoption interview.
5. Adoption Fee is required to be paid on the day of the adoption, either by cash, check or PayPal.
1. All dogs & cats in the new home are spayed/neutered.
2. All dogs & cats in the new home are on heartworm preventative.
3. All dogs & cats sleep inside the house at night.
4. Fencing affords maximum protection to family pets with all exterior gates locked.
5. Prospective family’s pet history demonstrates a lifetime commitment to family pets.
6. Written permission from the landlord for renters, giving permission to own a dog as large as a Weimaraner.
7. Satisfactory veterinary reference.